If you’re struggling to deal with the pain of divorce and seeking direction for rebuilding your life, let Divorce Care help you. Divorce Care is a support group designed to assist people as they move through the painful experience of divorce.
Divorce Care will help you:
- identify the many losses as a result of your divorce and give you strategies for coping
- learn constructive ways for dealing with your anger
- turn depression into a “healing emotion”
- explore healthy ways to overcome loneliness
- discover real-world answers from the Bible on issues related to separation, divorce and remarriage
- determine whether you are ready for a new relationship
- learn financial survival tips
- understand the effects of divorce on your children
- understand sexuality from God’s perspective and see that it is possible to be single again and satisfied
- learn why forgiveness is important and how you can begin the process of forgiving
- discover that reconciliation can happen even if your marriage is not restored and why it’s important to pursue reconciliation
- grow closer to God as you go through your divorce experience
Each session covers a relevant topic and consists of video and discussion time.
Sessions are every Monday night at 6:30 pm in the conference room at Ministries of Jesus beginning September 30th.
Divorce Care at Henderson Hills is provided by Ministries of Jesus. For more information about Divorce Care, contact Transformation Christian Counseling at 405.340.7400 or email@example.com.
Grief Share is a special support group for people grieving the loss of someone close. This group is facilitated by people who understand what you are experiencing and want to offer you comfort and encouragement during this difficult time.
Each Grief Share session includes a video featuring top experts on grief and recovery as well as the real-life stories of people who have experienced losses like yours. You will have the opportunity to interact with others who have experienced a recent loss, learn about their experiences, and share your own experience.
Grief Share meets Mondays at 7:00 pm.
For information on current classes call 405.340.7400
Newcomers are always welcome. For more information about Grief Share, contact Transformation Christian Counseling at 405.715.4851.
Grief Share is a national organization. To read more about it and view their recommended resources, visit their web page, GriefShare.org. Grief Share at Henderson Hills is provided by Ministries of Jesus.
Military Support Group
The Henderson Hills church family greatly appreciates the dedicated service of our military men and women who are defending freedom at home and abroad. We are equally grateful for the sacrifices that their families make when a family member is deployed for extensive periods of time, particularly when in harm’s way. The HHBC Military Support Ministry was formed for the purposes of:
- Ministering as the Lord leads to the needs of military personnel and their families.
- Expressing our support and gratitude for the service and sacrifices they make on our behalf.
God has gifted each of his children to share the gospel through service to others. This ministry provides numerous opportunities to exercise those gifts.
We maintain a list of military personnel and families for whom we pray and to whom we send packages and/or letters at Christmas and other times throughout the year. Ministry team members make or secure items needed by our troops, many who are in extremely remote areas with limited access to such items as toiletries, snacks, basic medicines, socks, and gloves.
Additionally the HHBC Military Support Team has provided assistance and encouragement to wounded troops and to family members of those who are deployed or who have given their lives in the service of our country.
Military Christmas Support
HHBC is teaming with The HUGS Project to send Christmas to 5000+ troops and we need your help! We need donations for care boxes, sponsors for troops, helpers to complete gift projects or to pack boxes. We also take in names/addresses of our deployed service men/women. Stop at the military table in the Gathering for information.
If the Lord is leading you to serve our dedicated men and women in the military or their families, please contact Sherri Woodham.